Sunday, January 29, 2012

Here We Are


If you would have told me a year ago we would be moving from our first home to another state, well I would have thought you were crazy! But here we are . . . in Texas.

Packing the house and watching all of our stuff being loaded into the moving truck was emotional. This was going to be our forever home and leaving it was not part of the plan. Jason would find me standing in an empty room, trying not to cry. He would ask me why I was so upset and that as long as we are together everything would be okay. Jason was absolutely correct! Sometimes my emotions can takeover, even when I know better. Looking back I was mad that someone else would be living in our home. A home that we worked so hard to make beautiful. I was mad that my husband lost his job. I was mad that we were leaving our family and friends. But most of all I was afraid. Afraid of moving, making new friends, finding new schools, finding new doctors and getting a drivers license in another state. But Jason forced me to look past my fear and find my faith. Faith in the path God has for us.

God knew that I was having a tough time with this whole moving thing. Wouldn't you know that we had the most amazing movers! J & L were so sweet, kind and funny. The best part is they are from New York and have the best accents! They kept me laughing all day. See, He knew I needed them.

After two days of packing, loading, cleaning and hunting down our cat. We were off on a three day, 1,300 mile road trip with three kids, two dogs and one very angry cat. I will save the angry cat story for another day but it definitely has Griswold written all over it.

Our first night was spent in Phoenix, Arizona. The next morning we got to meet up with the very wonderful Beth of Lizzie Bee Photography to have her take family photos. Yes, I know I am crazy. Only an insane person would force her husband to drive to downtown Phoenix at 8:00am and have photos taken while moving to Texas. The best part was listening to the dogs and cat crying as she took our photos. But I had been waiting over a year to have Beth take pictures of our family. Trust me she was well worth the wait!

The rest of our trip was rather uneventful and smooth. Gotta count those little blessing! Although we did pass about 50 signs advertising "The Thing". Everyone wanted to stop but I knew "The Thing" was somthing lame. Turns out it's some kind of soda, so I am glad we didn't stop.

Here we are, in Texas! Making new friends and visiting old ones. Finding our place. The kids love it and love being back in public school. We are all thrilled that Jason will be home with us every night. Now I just need to find my place and how I will fit in here. This is where the adventure starts for me. What am I going to do with all this free time? I guess we will have to wait and see.



2 comments:

  1. Hi fellow blogger friend! I can't wait to read about all of your Texas adventures!! I hope that your move is wonderful for you. Tehachapi is a hard place to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read about your adventures! I feel your pain in being away from Family and familiar friends! Hang in there! You are all together and that is HOME!
    We love you!
    Pilar

    ReplyDelete