Friday, February 3, 2012

Officially a Texan


I guess we aren't officially Texans but our truck is! It was very different process to register our vehicle in Texas. It also cost much less, even after jumping through all the hoops and I get the plates right there! It really wasn't hard just not how it is done in California. They only thing I didn't like is that I have to go to the Texas Department of Public Safety to get my drivers license. It would be nice if I could take care of both is the same place but that isn't how things are done here. And I haven't even mentioned all the yielding or the "loop". I can't tell you how many wrecks I have almost cause by forgetting to yield.

The kids are now in school and loving it! Jennica is doing very well adjusting and making friends. Gavin is doing very well also and we have been blessed with the most wonderful teacher, Mrs. S! She so patient and has a great plan in place to help Gavin in the only area he is lacking. I was pleasantly surprised (okay shocked) at how well Gavin is behaving in school and making tons of friends. I always worried that I shouldn't have homeschool Gavin but I really feel that is what he needed at the time. I think I also need that time with him too. Sophia has been feeling a little left out and wants to attend school badly! I keep telling her this fall she can attend per-k at the same school as Jennica and Gavin, which happens to be free!


I am really starting to like it here. The people are fantastic! We live with in 5 minutes of most places. Our neighbors are great too. I just never expected everything to become "normal" so fast. I am actually very happy and finding this change to not be such a bad thing.


I will leave you with this picture I took on my way to an interview Wednesday. It isn't California but it has a beauty all its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment