Yes, I think we can all be a hypocrite at some point or many points in our life. Today I must admit: I was offered and accepted a job.
I know, I know after my post about worth and then I do this. I am a totally hypocrite! Like I mentioned in that post I had been interviewing daily. I had already interviewed with the company that offered me a job when I wrote that post. Well, Sophia had gotten to the point where she asking me when I am going to start going to work so she can go to school. It hurt my heart to hear her say that but she didn't mean for it to. She just wants to do what her brother and sister are doing. So Thursday Sophia and I went to every daycare/preschool in Midland (that was in our price range) and was very disappointed by most. That is until I took a chance and went by the last one, #1 Wee Care. I avoided going to this school because I knew that had a month long waiting list. I quickly discovered why the waiting list was long. The school was clean, super safe, lots of staff and incredible curriculum. The room of pre-k children told me who our first President was, our current President, current Secretary of State and started spelling, saying each of the colors but they also knew the name of each color in Spanish! I was overjoyed and so was Sophia. She refused to leave and told me to go home.
The great school wasn't the only reason I took this job. The company I am now employed with has been wonderful. They offered me great pay, benefits and flexible hours so I can still take the kids to school. They will only be home alone for a very short time before I get home. And did I mention that the office I will be working in is only a short 5 minute drive from our home? With all of that going for us I really feel like no one will be losing out. They also were very flexible with my start date because they wanted to make sure that my family was prepared. I remind myself that I DON"T have to work. If me working becomes a burden to my family then I can just quit. I will never put a job ahead of my family. I made that mistake once and I will not do it again.
I am happy that my worth post inspired many of you. I feel bad (like a big smelly hypocrite) but a friend reminded me that this blog is a way for me to vent and share what is going on here in Texas. It's okay for me to feel one way that day, pray about it and feel completely different the next day.
<3 Jen
I am enjoying your writing, Jen! And I think it's okay to be a hypocrite ever once in a while if that means you are listening to your own needs and your family's needs. I have long struggled with the whole work/life balance thing and have concluded that while you never get it exactly right, you can just keep trying your best. And it took me a long time to admit and not be ashamed of the fact that I *need* to work for ME, that I am a better mom when I have that part of my life. But talk to me tomorrow and I may feel different! I look forward to watching your journey.
ReplyDeleteCarrie (from the MJ world)